Both Japanese speakers and Non-Japanese speakers welcomed (if working in Fukuoka/ Kyoto); there are many English speakers working with the company. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for half of every working day for at least 3 months ~ 12 months after arriving in Fukuoka/ Kyoto. This training is paid for by the employer, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills.We encourage employees to reach JLPT Level 2 within few years of commencement.
Choose your work location depending on your Japanese language skills!
Non-Japanese Speakers: Assigned to Fukuoka/ Kyoto office. However, those wishing to transfer to Tokyo office may do so after attaining basic conversational skills if desired.
Japanese Speakers: Can select Tokyo/ Fukuoka/ Kyoto office if Japanese skills equivalent to JLPT Level 2 or above.
Many of the world's best engineers work with the company, and approximately 30% of them hail from overseas. Experienced IT engineers who can put the user's perspective first and wish to make a positive impact on the tens of millions of daily users are encouraged to apply!
We will assign the project to you after inquiring about your experience as an engineer and future career preferences.
You will be performing API/web application design and development work for server-side features that accompany LINEâs messaging and social graph services or related services (referred to as âLINE Family Appsâ below) running on the LINE platform.
- Much of the API, client-server/server-server coordination, databases, and parallel batch jobs.
- Working to achieve scalability, stability, ease-of-use, and flexibility for continual improvements in the services.
- Working to improve work product quality from an engineering standpoint through code reviews and teamwork.
Examples of Server Development Work
- Service development for paid content and sponsored content on LINE.
- Service development for LINE Family Apps (e.g. âLINE Creators Marketâ, âLINE Fortuneâ, âLINE Surveysâ, âLINE Part Time Jobsâ, etc.).
Main Technologies Utilized
- English language skills (business level or above)
- Professional knowledge of at least one programming language
- Understanding of computer science
- Fundamental knowledge of memory, processes, threads, and their relation to programming
- A fundamental understanding of network technology (e.g. TCP/UDP, HTTP, etc.), databases, and SQL
- Experience in developing native apps using Java/Objective-C
- Experience in Web application development using languages such as Java, PHP, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
- A history of active participation in the Open Source community
- Experience with development/operation of systems with large quantities of data and traffic
Discretionary and flexible according to abilities and speed of task completion; if all tasks and projects are completed well and on time, you do not need to stay in the office for extended periods of time.
Minimum 6 million Japanese Yen per annual (higher compensation will be provided based on skills and experience and is negotiable). We also offer relocation allowance to the right candidate.
Other details to be discussed during interviews.
Â <Please note>
Candidates CANNOT apply more than one position at a time.
You are welcome to reapply for any positions within the group again after a period of 12 months has passed.