*Please apply to only one position at a time.
Both Japanese and Non-Japanese speakers welcomed (if working in Fukuoka); Whilst there are many English speakers at LINE successful applicants may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for at least 3 ~ 12 months after joining. The training is paid for by us, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills. We encourage employees to reach JLPT N3 within a few years of joining.¬†
Choose your work location depending on your Japanese language ability!
- Non-Japanese Speakers: Assigned to¬†Fukuoka office. However, those wishing to transfer to Tokyo/ Kyoto office may do so after attaining basic conversational level
- Japanese Speakers: Can select¬†Tokyo/ Fukuoka/ Kyoto office¬†if Japanese skills are equivalent to JLPT N2 or above.
LINE is a diverse company with some of the best engineers from around the world, approximately 30% of our developers come from outside of Japan. We are looking for experienced engineers with an interest in customer focused development who wish to make an impact on our tens of millions of daily users!
Specific Responsibilities Include
- You will be responsible for the front-end development in the following areas: LINE NEWS, LINE LIVE, LINE Fortune, LINE Manga, LINE Baito, LINE STORE, LINE Gift, LINE Point, LINE Schedule, and other Family Services
- At least 3 years‚Äô experience developing PC and smart device web applications
- SPA (Single-page Application) implementation experience
- Knowledge of accessibility / utility
- Knowledge of¬†CSS pre-processors
- Experience with various development tools (e.g. build tools, task runners, etc.)
- Experience in developing native¬†iOS¬†applications¬†(Swift/ Objective-C)
- Experience in developing native¬†Android¬†applications¬†(Java/ Kotlin)
- Experience in developing with server side languages(e.g. Java, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with¬†CI¬†(continuous integration)
- Contributions to or active participation in the¬†OSS community
Who We‚Äôre Looking For:
- Those with the curiosity to explore new technologies, the willingness to learn new things, and the courage to challenge themselves constantly
- Individuals with an understanding of consumer-oriented service development
- Individuals who can offer fresh value to user lifestyles
- Individuals interested in providing data-driven solutions for service/business issues
- Gifted communicators who can explain complex ideas to anyone regardless of background
Discretionary and flexible¬†according to ability and speed of work; if projects are completed on time there is no need to stay in the office for extended periods of time.
Minimum salary starting from 6 million Japanese yen per annum (salary based on experience and ability).
*Other details to be discussed during the interview process.