We are FinTech leader in delivering cardless payments and other financial services to businesses throughout Japan. Our proprietary solutions are at the forefront of revolutionizing online & mobile payments, P2P transfers, personal finance, and merchant settlements. We are growing fast and are hiring talented and passionate people to work on problems to deliver our vision. Join our team and help shape the future of FinTech.
Merchant analyst must be passionate about getting a high quality partner merchants into Paidy ecosystem. You preferably have experience in underwriting in other financial institutions (payment, credit card, e-commerce lending). As part of Risk & Analytics team, you will work directly with Merchant Onboarding team lead and rest of Risk team, as well as Sales team and Credit Operations.
- Assess merchants‚Äô business model risk and quickly determine credit exposure risk on new and existing merchants to determine appropriate course of action.¬†
- Review compliance and regulatory risk of merchants‚Äô business and also be able to illustrate the risk to stakeholders.
- Analyze and investigate merchant‚Äôs corporate structure, founder information, products, financial and bank statements (if any) to assess credit worthiness.
- Collaborate with internal business partners (Sales & Credit Operations) to obtain an understanding of merchants, and tactically mitigate risk exposure.
- Monitor, investigate and analyze merchants‚Äô paidy authorization using internal Risk monitoring tools.
- Stay current on merchant industry trends that impact the Commercial Merchant segment.
- Practical merchant underwriting or compliance experience in companies such as Fintech, banks, card or other financial industries
- Regulatory knowledge
- Experience with data analytics and build automated reporting model will be a big plus.
- Practical experience related to credit management in the financial industry.
- Compliance underwriting experience in accordance with the Installment Sales Act.
- Business level English.Japanese is a big plus.¬†
- Advanced Excel, SQL and intermediate data science: R/Phyton.