“People forget how fast you did a job - but they remember how well you did it.”
Language Required: English and Japanese - Japan
Who We Are:
Appen is a language technology solutions and consulting firm, recognized as a global leader in the quality, range and caliber of our expertise. We are focused on helping our clients reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 150 languages and dialects. Our clients are among the world’s top internet search engine and voice recognition providers. For more information come see us at www.appen.com.
Be part of a rapidly growing global network of independent contractors working as Web Search Evaluators! If you are looking for interesting work that adapts to your lifestyle, you have come to the right place. As a Web Search Evaluator with Appen, you will be rewarded for your ability to improve internet search engine results and performance. We offer flexible work schedules, competitive pay, free training, and the ability to work from home.
Web Search Evaluators typically commit to work up to 5 flexible hours a day (Monday through Friday). Before a project assignment, Evaluators may need to complete a certification process of 5-30 hours over a 1-3 week period which may include training, practice and testing. Once accepted for a project, you must meet consistent quality standards. Superior performance will make you eligible for additional projects.
Appen’s successful Web Search Evaluators possess:
• A passionate and avid interest in working with the Internet.
• Experience with Web browsers in navigating a variety of content.
• A broad interest and current knowledge of web-based culture, media, sports, news, and business.
• The flexibility and patience to learn in an environment of changing standards and tasks.
• The willingness to seek guidance and coaching when uncertain.
• Ability to follow instructions without allowing personal experience or sentiment to cloud judgment.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to focus and maintain accuracy in a time-sensitive environment.
• The ability to work independently with effective time management skills.
• Fluency in written and verbal English.
• Excellent research skills, critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Desktops or Laptops running with Mac OS.
• A high-speed Internet connection
• Basic aptitude for installing applications, and troubleshooting and addressing software issues with limited support.